A 400 words American Indian studies article.
Can you help me understand this History question?
For this week’s discussion blog, please answer the following questions:
1. Based on this week and last week’s materials, how did the Indian Removal plans/policies emerge?
2. Describe what was happening in this week’s textbook chapter, “Jackson’s White Republic.” What was a key passage or quote, and why did it stand out to you?
3. Next, please rhetorically analyze Andrew Jackson’s speeches (inaugural speech and second annual message.) How would you analyze the overall language/tone Jackson uses in his speeches? How does his language/tone change with each speech? Who is his intended audience in each speech, and what are his goals regarding US dealings with American Indian tribes?
4. After, please rhetorically analyze Andrew Jackson’s” Letter to the Cherokee”. What was Jackson’s tone, who was his intended audience, and what was the purpose in the letter? What were some key quotes/parts that stood out to you, and why?
5. What kind of patterns or trajectory do you notice in Jackson’s two speeches? How is Jackson’s “Letter to the Cherokee” different from his two speeches, and why?