Can someone rewrite a paper to be less than 20% on turnitin.
CONSIDERATIONS WHEN CONDUCTING THE RISK ASSESSMENT: This Risk Assessment and your suggested security improvements are of critical importance. CEO Thompson is set on outsourcing GFI’s IT competency and you’ve been told of a plan from COO Willy to outsource network management and security functions away from your department and over to a service integrator. COO Willy warns you that the political environment will only become more contentious over time; you must make a compelling case as to what value your department can bring over an integrator to provide security improvements in certain key areas without a significant increase to the IT budget. It is extremely important that you take into account the value of the assets being protected when selecting security controls to mitigate the risks (i.e. don’t spend $1000 to protect an asset worth $500). In addition to what you learned from COO Mike Willy about the previous exploits of GFI’s vulnerabilities and what you gathered when reviewing GFI’s network infrastructure, the COO has provided some additional information that he wants you to take into account:
1. Ever since an article ran in Fortune about GFI, the network engineers report that they’ve noted a significant spike in network traffic crossing into the internal networks. They report that they cannot be certain what or who is generating this traffic, but the volume and frequency of traffic is certainly abnormal. The management is very concerned over securing the corporate confidential data and customer information. Suggestions on improvements to perimeter security and/or methods of identifying the source of intrusions should be presented in your risk assessment. 90 90 Wireless Antenn9a0
2. The interrelationship between data and operations concerns COO Mike Willy. Increasingly, some of the ten (10) remote sites have been reporting significant problems with network latency, slow performance, and application time-outs against the Oracle database. The company’s business model is driving higher and higher demand for data, but your capability to respond to these problems are drastically limited. Suggestions on reducing network latency or increasing application response time and availability should be presented in your risk assessment.
3. Mobility is important for the organization to interact with the customers and other co-workers in near real-time. However, the COO is concerned with mobility security and would like you to research best practices for mobile computing. Security within the BYOD environment should be presented in your risk assessment.
4. Employees enjoy the flexibility of getting access to the corporate network using a WiFi network. However, the COO is concerned over the security ramifications over the wireless network that is widely open to the company and nearby residents. Security within the wireless environment should be presented in your risk assessment.
5. The company plans to offer its products and services online and requested its IT department to design a Cloud Computing based e-commerce platform. However, the COO is particularly concerned over the cloud computing security in case the customer database is breached.