An Ecological-Developmental Practice Perspective.
I need support with this Social Science question so I can learn better.
In this Discussion, you consider one of two case studies and apply what you have learned about choosing social work roles and interventions. How could you intervene with Hamza or the Patterson family to increase the potential for positive adaptations to their circumstances?
- Two important aspects of the ecological-developmental framework for services with children and families, explaining the framework’s relevance to social work practice.
- Then, identify two roles the social worker may perform at each of the three levels of social work practice (e.g., micro, mezzo, and macro).
- Finally, explain one multilevel intervention strategy you would use with your chosen case at each of the three levels and why you chose this strategy.
Be sure to support your postings and responses with specific references to the resources.
Webb, N. B. (2019). Social work practice with children (4th ed.). New York, NY: The Guilford Press.
- Chapter 1, “The Challenge of Meeting Children’s Needs in the Context of Difficult Family and Community Environments”
- Chapter 2, “Challenges for Practitioners in Helping Children: Understanding the Multifaceted Role of the Social Worker”