answer the following questions then i will send 4 other replies to get feedback on.
Can you help me understand this Psychology question?
The goal of this week’s discussion board is to illustrate the importance of nature/nurture interaction in development, using specific examples of epigenetic processes, critical/sensitive periods, and the impact of experience on biological development.
Step 1: Review the following podcast which features research demonstrating the innate capacities of infants.
- “Creating Healthy Connections: Nurturing Brain Development From Birth to Three,” with Alison Gopnik. (2012). ZERO TO THREE. http://www.zerotothree.org/about-us/funded-projects/parenting-resources/podcast/ (Links to an external site.). (21:09).
Step 2: Take notes throughout the podcast, and when finished, post them respond on this discussion board. Your notes should:
- Evaluate the evidence for innate sensory capacities, preferences, and reflexes in newborn infants.
- Pose questions for others to think about and respond to in order to engage in a fruitful discussion.
Do animals have consciousness?
Your answer should present the following:
- A clear thesis statement
- An outline of your arguments (at least two)
- Research to support each your arguments
- A clear conclusion statement
Have fun with this discussion! Share with us your definition of consciousness and the criteria you use to know that others are conscious.