Applied Sport Psychology case study.
I’m studying and need help with a Psychology question to help me learn.
Case Study – A Hole New Ball Game
Print off the attached case study and respond as per instructions below The purpose of this exercise is for you to apply what you have reviewed so far to an actual case study. In reviewing the attached case study you are to adopt the role of a Sport Psychologist / Consultant and provide advice to me the assistant coach. Please seriously consider the feedback provided to you in the previous case study and consider what you have learned in the application of a PTSP.
To guide the discussion the following question guide is offered. Students may continue use this guide to provide advice to me but points will be deducted if you do not follow the PTSP approach as covered in chapter 12. The questions are as follows:
- Describe the main issues in this case
- What factors are contributing to Donald’s poor performance>
- Generate some courses of action as a sport psychologist that might assist Donald that will address:
- Training and preparation for the upcoming round of golf
- Psychological strategies for dealing with anxiety and heightened arousal
- How feasible is each course of action
- What are the ramifications for Donald of each course of action?
- As a sport psychology consultant would you become involved with the relationship between Donald and his father? Why or why not?
- What you do to prepare Donald if he had a bad first hole?
- How would you help Donald deal with the outcome of the third round (success or failure?)