Assignment 4: Term Paper.
I’m studying for my Management class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
You were talking to members of your favorite local band after a recent show. The topic of software came up, and the leader said she has a love–hate relationship with it. She loves the recording software they use and is okay with QuickBooks for the band’s financial records. However, she does not like the available options to track bookings and create set lists that draw from their entire repertoire.
In addition to their regular weekly gigs, the band performs for many school assemblies and community events. They have to pick music that’s appropriate for the audience and the theme without being repetitive. They are constantly adding new songs to their catalog and putting others on hiatus. The band likes to take requests, so they frequently update the set list after a gig. The band does not want to bother entering chords or lyrics because they don’t use computers or phones on stage.
You offer to put together a system design to address the band’s needs. It’s okay to collect ideas by looking at off-the-shelf solutions, but the design must be your own for this assignment. Include the following in your design:
- A list and short explanation of each function to manage:
- The band’s song catalog;
- Set lists; and
- Any other category you believe is important for this application.
- A logical data design that supports all of these functions. Use either an entity-relationship or a UML class diagram, which should be in third normal form. Indicate all primary keys, relationships, and cardinalities.
- Recommend a system architecture that identifies the hardware and software components and how they interact. Include a short (not more than 500 words) description and rationale. Illustrate using your choice of a static functional decomposition or object-oriented diagram.
- Identify security concerns and other nonfunctional requirements for this system.
- Propose at least three distinct and measurable criteria to evaluate the quality of the finished software.
Your document must follow these formatting requirements:
- Follow the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
- Properly cite all sources.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
- All charts and diagrams must be the student’s original work. They must be pasted into the document as neat, legible images.
- The cover page and the reference page do not count toward the assignment’s length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
- Determine the high-level logical system characteristics of an information technology-based solution.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.