chapter 3 summary medias of art.
I don’t know how to handle this Art & Design question and need guidance.
For this summary, you will have to provide 2 images.
- One image from the textbook in Chapter 3 only read in Teenage website : I will provide you my user name and password, it contains chapter 3 material
- One image of your own choice from the San Diego Museum of Art’s website: https://www.sdmart.org/collections/ (Links to an external site.)
For each image, include the following information in “bullet” format (cut and paste the items below to use as your template):
- Artist name
- Name of the artwork
- Medium (what it’s made of….oil paint, charcoal, etc)
- Attach the image
- Style of Representation: these are the general forms/styles of representation, or how art “looks”. Describe how it qualifies according to one of the styles. You must describe details of the artwork; anything from color, texture, flat areas, 3-D areas, size, etc– to back up your choice of style. (Please look to the textbook to define and describe the following terms)
• Representational or Naturalistic: Idealized, Expressionist, Surreal
7. FORMAL ELEMENTS and PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION: Identify the artwork in regards to the noticeable elements & principles with your new vocabulary; you don’t need to address ALL of the elements/principles, just the ones that are dominant. Remember, now that we have a list of things to look for, we can identify them more easily. You MUST use the correct vocabulary (from the textbook) in order to earn credit.
- FORMAL ELEMENTS: line, light and value, color, texture and pattern, shape and volume, space, time and motion, chance, improvisation and spontaneity.
- PRINCIPLES OF COMPOSITION: balance, rhythm, proportion and scale, emphasis, unity and variety.
Failure to provide all of the information above will result in loss of credit. Do not upload a document file.
REQUIRED: provide the information in the numbered format above.
WRITTEN SUMMARY REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide the information in the numbered format above.
- CITE sources, if you use them (it is not necessary to use another source other than your text book). Your submission will be scanned through for originality. I will use this data to inform your grade. If you do not cite, it will “appear” that plagiarism is taking place.
- Limit your Summary to one page. Exceeding WILL result in a grade drop.
- Must be submitted as a pdf file.