Community Care Project.
I’m studying for my Nursing class and need an explanation.
The community I chose is Morning Glory Apartments in Durham, N.C.
- Describe by boundaries a selected community.
- Complete an assessment and describe specific characteristics of the selected community using the assessment parameters: physical environment, education, safety and transportation, politics and government, health and social services, communication, economics and recreation using both virtual and windshield survey methods.
- Analyze and synthesize the assessment data collected to create actual and potential health problems list.
- Conduct a literature review to provide relevant information regarding the analysis and synthesis of the assessment and identification of problems.
- Develop a minimum of two (2) nursing diagnostic statements about the community’s health using the format from Muecke for writing a community health nursing diagnosis. (Resource: Muecke, M. A. (1984). Community health diagnosis in nursing. Public Health Nursing, 1(1), 23-25. Retrievable from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6567925; DOI:10.1111/j.1525-1446.1984.tb00427.x)
- Write goals/objectives in SMART format for at least one of the nursing diagnoses.
- Develop a detailed plan inclusive of health education and level of prevention for the selected nursing diagnoses.
- Develop an evaluation method for the planned intervention.
- Write a comprehensive report representing meeting the objectives of the community indirect care project.