Consider the following moral ethical dilemma.
I don’t know how to handle this English question and need guidance.
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Review all chapters
- Ruggiero, V. R. (2012). Thinking critically about ethical issues (8th ed.). New York: Mc-Graw Hill
- type in book title, then google books, once you click the link, go the search bar and search the chapters as needed. make sure to use book in paper AND 2 scholarly sources.
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
You began this session considering a moral-ethical dilemma you yourself faced that you either resolved or failed to resolve, but hopefully learned from. You may never have given much thought to ethical theory nor what ethical premises/paradigms you have unconsciously held.
Now that you have had an opportunity to explore ethics formally, create a reflective assessment of your learning experience and the collaborations you engaged in throughout this session. You will submit both of the following:
- A written reflection
- An oral presentation using VoiceThread or a PowerPoint narrated slide show. If you choose to do a VoiceThread, be sure to submit the link to the VoiceThread and make it so the instructor is authorized to view it. If you need help in doing so, please call the Chamberlain help desk for aid.
For the written reflection, revisit your ethical memoir and address the following:
- What ethical theory best applies to your experience?
- Which significant author you have studied most speaks to your own ethical paradigm as you are (re)forming it now?
- If you did not resolve your ethical dilemma when you experienced it, what would you do now and why?
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 1 scholarly source)
This activity will be graded based on the Ethical Reflection Grading Rubric.
Weekly Objectives (WO)
WO2, 2.6, 7.2
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Saturday
Week 8 Assignment
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomePaperFor the written reflection, revisit your ethical memoir and address the following: What ethical theory best applies to your experience? (20) Which significant author you have studied most speaks to your own ethical paradigm as you are (re)forming it now? (20) If you did not resolve your ethical dilemma when you experienced it, what would you do now and why? (10)
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeOral PresentationFor the oral presentation, briefly summarize your memoire and explore your process of transformation in this course. Discuss your experiences of the course, your beginnings and where you are now. (5) Consider your interaction in discussions and groups. Are we a society of learners who greatly benefit from interactions? (10) Or are we islands, whose individual systems and beliefs are exclusive to ourselves? (10)
Total Points: 75.0