Critique of a Research Paper – Health Hazard Topic.
Help me study for my Health & Medical class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Select a scholarly article, from PubMed/Google Scholar related to the course topics, health hazard data analysis, read and submit a critique of the article. Following is a guideline to write the critique of the research paper up to 500 words.
What is the hazard being assessed, individual or combination asked: Goal/objective
Is the background appropriate? Is something missing about what is known already and how does this address environmental health risk, hazards, exposure, policy or application?
Methods used/appropriate (study design)
- Selection of Participants/models-What criteria was used
- What are the confounders?
- Statistical Approach
- Normalization of data (is the data generalizable?)
- Sample size
- Results (method of presenting results)
- How do the tables/charts/graphs look?
- Would a graph work better?
- Format, calculations
- Did the author(s) meet the objective?
- Did they interpret data correctly?
- Did they cite relevant references?
- Thorough background check conducted? (did you check citations?)
- Is the paper inconclusive?
- Did other studies say something contradictory?
- Appropriate or inadequate interpretation?
- Is there scientific advancement (potential) and new ideas?