Dance Appreciation / Barre Talk 5.
Can you help me understand this Psychology question?
General Barre Talk Instructions
Each Barre Talk has a five-question (worth 5 points each) meant to prompt a thoughtful/analytic response from the student scholar. Each question should have a response of 75-150 words per question, and will be graded by content, formatting, and spelling/grammar (please see Writing Rubric for details). The Barre Talks open on the day the module opens and are due on the closing date of the module by 11:59 pm (see Course Calendar).
Barre Talk 5
- What are some of the similarities between classical and contemporary ballet? What are some differences?
- Discuss some of the important contributions to ballet by those mentioned in “major figures in Ballet.”
- What is the significance of the Russian influence?
- If you have seen examples of both classical ballet and contemporary ballet, which do you enjoy watching most? Explain your choices in detail.
- Describe your response to the documentary First Position. Which dancer did you connect with the most and why?