Discuss how the creation of the vision, mission, and values statements are critical in the formation of the overall strategy..
I’m working on a Communications exercise and need support.
You will use the various analytical tools presented in the course to provide a SWOT (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats) analysis for a company with which you are familiar or where you are presently employed. Once the SWOT analysis has been generated, you will discuss how this information might be used in terms of making strategic decisions for the company. You will also discuss what makes a strategy either successful or unsuccessful and how the SWOT analysis can affect the overall success or failure of the strategy. Finally, you will use your analysis to create a business strategy for the company in task 2.
Note: Any information that would be considered confidential, proprietary, or personal in nature should not be included in the actual task submission to WGU. Do not include the actual names of people, suppliers, the organization(s), or other identifiable information. Fictional names should be used. Also, organization-specific data, including financial information, should not be included but should be addressed in a general fashion as appropriate. Work performed for a client or an employer is their property and should not be used without written permission.
A. Evaluate what makes a strategy either successful or unsuccessful by doing the following:
1. Discuss how the creation of the vision, mission, and values statements are critical in the formation of the overall strategy.
2. Discuss the importance of leadership team buy-in of the strategy.
3. Discuss the use of at least two analytical tools in performing a situational analysis.
4. Discuss the importance of having the appropriate alignment between strategy, people, and corporate culture.
a. Discuss the role that this alignment plays in determining the success or failure of the business strategy.
B. Perform a SWOT analysis for a company with which you are familiar or where you are presently employed by doing the following:
1. Analyze the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of the company.
C. Discuss how the SWOT analysis from part B impacts your company’s strategic decisions.
D. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.