Discussion: Looking at Public Persuasion.
I’m working on a Writing question and need guidance to help me study.
This is a work which linked with the work I just gave to you. Here are all the requirements:
To prepare for our persuasive essay, let’s look at ways corporations use persuasion on the public (that includes us!) every day. Let’s take a look at advertisements for products. Look at a print magazine or Instagram for advertisements. If you follow influencers, they will frequently wear or use a product (or visit a place) as a way to sell that product, for instance. Select one product advertisement from Insta or a print magazine, take a photo of it with your phone (or screen shot the Insta advertisement), and share it in your post.
Also, answer these questions:
- How are advertisers trying to persuade you to purchase their product?
- What facts (logos) does the advertiser provide?
- What emotions do you feel after viewing the advertisement?
- What occurred in the advertisement to cause these emotions (pathos)?
- What occurred in the advertisement that appealed to your sense of morals and ethics (ethos)?
- Overall, was the advertisement effective to persuade you to purchase their product? Why or why not?
Here are all the requirements. Thank you!