The rapid growth of the national debt alarmed some politicians and created pressure for restricting Congress’s unlimited ability to spend. After reviewing Chapter 10, Section 10.2: Efforts to Reduce the Deficit, discuss the actions taken by Congress since 1985 to reduce the budget deficits.
Use scholarly sources to support the current debate between the White House and Congress regarding what measures are necessary to address spending and revenues (e.g., news reports, official statements, press conferences, as well as numerous government websites).
Write a two- to three-page paper (not including title and reference pages), using at least three scholarly sources, not including the textbook, and must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least three scholarly sources, including the textbook. One reference must come from the Ashford University Library.
- Must use APA style as outlined in your approved style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a reference List that is completed according to APA style as outlined in your approved style guide.