I need an explanation for this English question to help me study.
This week we are discussing the importance of Humanities in education which is the focus of Project 2. Please first watch a TED talk by Nigerian American author Chris Abani where he discusses the subject of humanity.
After you have watched the TED Talk, respond to the following questions:
- How does Abani define humanity? What is his main argument? What causes us to be human?
- What does Abani use to back up his claims? What kind of examples does he share with his audience?
- Does Abani try to appeal to your logic, your emotions or both? Think about the big three rhetorical strategies (ethos, pathos, logos) and discuss: Does Abani effectively appeal to his audience?
- Do you agree with his definition of humanity?
- What was your biggest takeaway or AHA moment from this Talk? What interested you or surprised you the most?
- Your initial response should be 150-300 words per question.
- Your response to at least one classmate should be 150-200 words long and be more than “I agree” or “I like what you said.” Engage in conversation!