English101 Argumentive Essay.
I need help with a English question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Case 3: Argumentative Essay
Length: no less than 1,300 words, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 pt font size
In addition to your own thoughts, words, and ideas, this essay is to include TWO credible and reliable secondary sources.
The first person “I” is not used in a formal essay.
For this assignment, you will choose one topic from the list below and write an argumentative essay.
A well-organized essay has a beginning, a middle, and an end. The beginning, or introduction, should include an opening sentence to grab your reader’s attention. Follow the opening sentence with a brief background on the topic or situation. The last sentence of the introduction is the thesis statement. The thesis states the main point of the essay, which in this case, would be a statement affirming the point of view on the selected topic.
A well-supported essay includes supporting points, details, and examples. Each body paragraph must support (explain) your reasoning (rationale) using specific details. Each body paragraph must have a topic sentence that states the main point of the paragraph.
The conclusion typically summarizes the main points of the essay and/or closes with a lasting impression that connects the reader to their world.
Be sure to proofread your essay and edit for proper grammar, punctuation, diction (word choice), and spelling, as errors in sentence skills will lower a final grade. A grade will be determined based on the Module 4 Case expectations and the Trident University General Education rubric for English.
This essay must include a combination of no less than SIX in-text citations from two or more credible and reliable sources. Citations are to be a combination of direct quotations and paraphrased quotations with or without the author’s name, and a Reference List in APA Style must be included.
- eating, recreational hunting, and/or the use of animals for research purposes
- same-sex marriages
- The benefit of a two-parent household
- The impact of the welfare system on individuals
- The impact of “politically correct”
- Write an argumentative essay (no less than 1,300 words in length) that states an original thesis statement and includes no fewer than six citations in APA Style from two credible and reliable sources.
- Demonstrate the ability to write clearly and cohesively when expressing one’s ideas and/or intended purpose.
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly state and support a thesis in an organized and cohesive essay using secondary sources.