For reading (article) entries (done at home) include the following, leaving space between each point you write in your notes to make room for classroom lecture annotations:.
I don’t understand this Sociology question and need help to study.
- For reading (article) entries (done at home) include the following, leaving space between each point you write in your notes to make room for classroom lecture annotations:
- Create a heading with the day of the week, date, and title of the reading you are taking notes on.
- Take notes quoting the main thesis and write down at least 3 pieces of the main evidence supporting the main thesis/argument of the article/chapter.
- Finally, and most importantly, write a 3-paragraph reflection on each and every reading include the following:
- a) the reflection includes a summarization of the reading to start it off and then
- b) describe what you connected with in the reading and how it helps you understand society
- c) Finally, write two questions that came up for you while reading the article/chapter, explaining why they came up for you. Note, the reflection is the most important part of your notebook grade so write your absolute best two or three paragraphs of which I will grade closely.
- Each section of your notes should be separated by an empty page. This empty page can be used to fill in with extra classroom notes that overflow. Only write on the front of the page and do your best handwriting!