In a well-written paper, discuss the situation explained on page 169 of your textbook, Publication of OIG Special Fraud Alert. Research and examine the crime and its associated penalties. Include a citation from the law that makes this act unlawful and discuss the following issues:
- Which law is violated by upcoding, and what are the potential penalties for violating the law?
- Describe the ethical principles involved in this situation.
- How can law and ethics work together to solve this problem?
- How would you advise someone who is being asked to upcode for their employer to deal with this situation?
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be well written.
- Contain 5-6 pages, including the title and references pages.
- Follow the APA guidelines
P.S. I have attached the case in the pdf attachment below