GCU ELM 350 Technology in Social Studies.
I’m studying for my History class and don’t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
Clinical Field Experience A: Technology in Social Studies
Using technology-based resources within the social studies classroom supports real-world applications and helps to inspire teachers in their lesson planning and instructional practices. Continually exploring technology resources which can be utilized within the classroom demonstrates a teaching best practice.
Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Observe a minimum of one social studies lesson taught by a certified K-8 teacher. During the observation, take particular note of how technology was used and its effectiveness. If technology was not used, where in the lesson was there an opportunity for technology to be used?
Following your observation, collaborate with your mentor teacher to discuss the integration of technology in the social studies classroom. Specifically discuss with your mentor teacher his or her practices related to ensuring the safe, legal, and ethical use of technology in the classroom.
In addition, arrange a time to implement a social studies lesson with a small group of students or the entire class. Discuss with your mentor teacher an appropriate standard to address in that lesson.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 250-500 words, reflect on your observation and discussion by addressing the following:
- During the lesson you observed, what technology resources did the teacher use? Did the technology resource contribute to instruction or engagement? Why or why not?
- At what DOK level was the technology used or could have been used?
- What specific additional technology could have been used within the lesson and how would you have used them?
- How does the teacher ensure the safe, legal, and ethical use of technology and information accessed from the technological resources?
- Summarize and reflect upon your observations. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
If no technology was used, identify a technology that could be used, answering the above questions.