GROUPS AND TEAMS
For the Module 3 SLP, pick an experience in your workplace when you were assigned to work as part of a team. Think carefully about your experiences working on this team, and how the concepts in the background materials apply to your experiences. Then write a two to three page paper addressing the following issues:
- Did Tuckman’s five stages of group development apply to your team? Did some of the stages apply but not others? Explain your reasoning with specific experiences that your team faced and references to at least one of the required textbook chapters from the background materials.
- How would you rate the cohesiveness of your team? Was it not very cohesive, or was it too cohesive to the extent that your team suffered from groupthink? Explain your reasoning with specific experiences that your team faced and references to at least one of the required textbook chapters from the background materials.
- Based on what you’ve read in the background materials, what do you think could have been done differently with this team to improve its performance?
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions, don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the internet, make sure it is from a credible source.