Search some current newspapers, magazines, or online periodicals for examples of charts. Examine the charts and write a one page paper in which you answer these questions:
- Identify the type of chart you are examining. Why does this chart work well in presenting the type of information it has?
- Do you think the information would have been presented well in any other chart format? Which one?
- Which charts catch your attention? Why?
- Do the charts appeal to you because of their color or format?
- Is there something intriguing about the way the chart presents the information that you have never considered before?
- What are some formatting changes you think you will use to make a chart interesting and valuable to a reader in the future?