Identify one of the eras education.
I’m stuck on a Writing question and need an explanation.
Identify one of the eras examined in the unit and answer the following:
• What were the social and economic characteristics of that era which shaped and influence higher education?
• Describe the relationships between the community and the various members of the university.
• What are some of the key milestones from that era which are present in contemporary higher education?
• What are some of the events in that era which promoted societal change?
Cohen, A. M. & Kisker, C. B. (2010). The shaping of American higher education: Emergence and growth of the secondary system (2nd ed). San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass.
- Chapter 1: Establishing the Collegiate Form in the Colonies, 1636-1789, pp. 13-26.
- Chapter 2: The Diffusion of Small Colleges in the Emergent Nation, 1790-1869, pp. 57-71.
- Chapter 3: University Transformation as the Nation Industrializes, 1870-1944, pp. 105-122.
- Chapter 4: Mass Higher Education in the Era of American Hegemony, 1945-1975, pp. 187-195; 199-208.
Lucas, C. J. (2006). American higher education: A history (2nd ed). New York, NY: Palgrave McMillan Book.
- Chapter 2: Cathedral Church Schools to Universities, pp. 35-38; 58-71.
- Chapter 3: Post Medieval Academe: Evolution and Estrangement, pp. 71-90; 93-102.
Edmund Sass. (2020, January 25). American educational history: A hypertext timeline (Links to an external site.). Retrieved January 30, 2020 from http://www.eds-resources.com/educationhistorytimel…