-Introduction to Disease.
I’m trying to learn for my Health & Medical class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
A 55-year-old man presents to the clinic with complaints of
chest pain. He states that for the past 5 months he has noted intermittent substernal chest pressure radiating to the left arm. The pain occurs primarily when exercising vigorously and is relieved with rest. He denies associated shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, or diaphoresis. He has a medical history significant for hypertension, diabetes and hyperlipidemia. He is taking atenolol for his high blood pressure and is eating a low-cholesterol diet. His family history is notable for a father who died of myocardial infarction at age 56 years. He has a
50-pack-year smoking history and is currently trying to quit.
His physical examination is within normal limits with the exception of his blood pressure, which is 145/95 mm Hg, with
a heart rate of 75 bpm.
Based on the above case address the following questions.
1) What is the likely diagnosis of this case? Explain, how would you classify the disease clinically?
2) Define the disease and what are the most common causes of this disease likely in the patient?
3) Are there any risk factors for the disease? If yes, then write down the common risk factors of the disease?
4) What lifestyle changes could make a difference for this patient?
5) Discuss the public health approaches in reducing and in the prevention of the health problem.
(Average word number 500-1000 )
use ApA style