Literary Analysis on Bartleby the Scrivener by Herman Melville.
Help me study for my English class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
- 5 pages in length – not including a Works Cited page.
- 5 outside sources
- 3-5 quotations from the text.
- MLA 8 Format
- Works Cited page
- Thesis Statement – must be declarative, clear, and arguable.
- Organization – each paragraph must transition well into the following paragraph.Each paragraph should point back to the thesis statement.The conclusion summarizes points made in the essay and may repeat the thesis statement using different language.
- Analysis – the essay must support the argument made in the thesis statement.It must contain textual evidence, as well as support from outside sources.
- Quality of outside sources – Must provide support for the thesis statement and must be reliable.
- MLA – the essay must be in correct and complete MLA format
- Mechanics – spelling, punctuation, and grammar must be correct.
- Include how Melville utilized the literary devices to shape his message.
- Include figurative language found in the text.