Operations and Supply Chain Management, Ch. 6
Week 1 Starter Questions 3
Ch. 6 of Operations and Supply Chain Management <Reading>
- What is meant by a process? Describe its important features.
- What does the product-process matrix tell us? How should the kitchen of a Chinese restaurant be structured?
- What kind of layout is used in a physical fitness center?
- Why might it be difficult to develop a manufacturing cell?
- Consider a department store. Which departments probably should not be located near each other? Would any departments benefit from close proximity?