physical science 10839103 2.
Electricity and Magnetism
Step 1- watch the following:
- Watch the video “The Science of Lightning” in the Instructor Insights section. You can also watch it at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzNk4w2k2h0
- Watch the video “Why the Earth’s Magnetic Field Matters” in the Instructor Insights section this week. You can also watch it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXFVpwecixY
Step 2- Respond to the following:
- How do scientists believe lightning forms? Be sure to use the terms: electric charge and electric field.
- Why are we always told not to be the highest thing around when lightning strikes? Use what we have learned to explain why this is a bad idea!
- Why is planet Earth capable of sustaining life, but Mars is not?
- How is the Earth’s magnetic field important to us? What would happen if it suddenly disappeared?
Step 3- Independent research
Research and report what creates the magnetic field that surrounds our planet. Suggest reasons why Mars does not have a magnetic field. Please include a link to the article or site where you found your information