please discuss how these concerns impact morale, patient care , nursing autonomy.
I’m trying to learn for my Writing class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
Part 1, In a minimum of 300 words please discuss how these concerns impact morale, patient care, nursing autonomy etc. Use at least 1-2 references and proper APA format.
Jonathan Kirkpatrick recently was hired as a nursing manager in an acute care hospital for orthopedics, neurology, and two medical-surgical units for a for-profit corporation. Nurse Kirkpatrick is responsible for quality, cost, and morale for the units that he manages. As part of his employment package, he is rewarded with a bonus based on the amount of money that he is able to save the hospital.
One of the first things Nurse Kirkpatrick is asked to do in his new position is to “cut the fat” out of staff numbers. The corporation that owns the hospital believes there are too many nurses on the payroll. Personally, although he does not say so up front, Nurse Kirkpatrick disagrees. He believes the nurses currently on staff are all needed for quality of care. As he looks for ways to cut these numbers, what concerns might he raise to make administrative staff aware of the risks? Identify both ethical concerns and potential legal concerns
Remember that part of being in leadership is to advocate for employees and balance the requirements of the job.
- Read the articles below.
- Should undocumented immigrants be included or excluded from national proposals for health insurance?
- Also discuss your stance on national insurance plans in general.
- Justify your position by referring to course readings, videos, or other relevant sources.try to use this book. Stanhope, M., Lancaster, J. (2016). Public Health Nursing: Population-Centered Health Care in the Community. [Bookshelf Ambassadored]. Retrieved
Remember that views differ on this contentious issue—don’t be afraid to present and defend your position. You may need to reference the chapters in the book on health insurance and economics.
Your initial post should be at least 400 words.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
- Bustamante, A. V., Chen, J., McKenna, R. M., & Ortega, A. N. (2018). Health care access and utilization among US immigrants before and after the affordable care act (Links to an external site.). Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10903-018-0741-6
- Galarneau, C. (2011). Still missing: Undocumented immigrants in health care reform (Links to an external site.). Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved, 22(2), 422-428. Retrieved from https://repository.wellesley.edu/cgi/viewcontent.c…
- National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. (2015). Health status and access to care. In The integration of immigrants into American society (pp. 377-411). Washington, DC: The National Academies Press. https://doi.org/10.17226/21746
- Suárez-Orozco, C. (2017). . Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 38, 424-428. [PDF]