PSYC303 Week 8 Final Essay Exam.
I need help with a Psychology question. All explanations and answers will be used to help me learn.
Each response must be a minimum of 250 words, include APA formatted, in-text citations, and a full, APA formatted reference list at the end of each response. For assistance and resources on APA formatting style, please see the APUS Writing Center at Writing@APUS. You may also see Purdue’s OWL https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/ for general APA formatting information and for formatting help on many topics.
The total possible points for the Final Essay Exam is 180 points; point allocation for each short essay response is indicated above each question. Please see the assignment rubric for complete point breakdown and contact your professor with additional questions or concerns.
The following questions are worth 40 possible points each.
- Maslow noted that humans have some needs that press over others. Discuss, with adequate detail, Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and provide an example of how his structure allows people to prioritize the various needs experienced.
- Increased cue availability in the decision-making process generally leads to better, more accurate decisions being made. Ecological rationality is, in part, grounded by this assertion. Explain the concept of ecological rationality, its accepted limitations, and benefits as a model in decision-making. Share your thoughts on its usefulness to your own decision-making processes.
- Define and discuss the concept of intelligence. Considering the types of intelligence presented in the course materials, which conceptualization do you believe most comprehensively represents human intelligence? Provide your rationale for your selection.
- Discuss the relationship between memory and learning, exploring whether one process disproportionately affects the other or if these two processes have reciprocal influences on each other. Share a few methods or techniques that might be applied to enhance or improve the affected process or processes in this relationship, ultimately resulting in better memory or improved learning capabilities.
The following question is worth 20 points.
- Discuss the most useful information you have learned in Cognition and Learning. Share the ways the new knowledge will affect your day-to-day activities, or thoughts about your activities, moving forward.