Research and Knowledge.
I need support with this Writing question so I can learn better.
Although the Bible never uses the term “research,” it has a lot to say about gaining knowledge (and wisdom). It can be inferred that the Bible encourages people to study and learn about things, and this would be consistent with the goal of the scientific method and research process. Past research studies have shown us that the world around us works according to consistent laws that God created, and this is very much in keeping with what we know about Him being a God of order. So, there is much benefit to be found in learning about the rules that God set up for us utilizing the research process. Below are several Bible verses related to the importance of gaining knowledge (and wisdom):
“An intelligent heart acquires knowledge, and the ear of the wise seek knowledge”
“For wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul”
“In whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge”
“For this very reason, make effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge”
2 Peter 1:5.
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate character, scholarship, and leadership in becoming a world changer through application of course content to personal life and professional social work practice.
- Video: Michael Card The Way of Wisdom
Many people use research methods to gain knowledge about something new that they do not understand or that they want to know more about, and many people define wisdom as the ability to use knowledge intelligently. In a sense, then, gaining knowledge via the research process is a precursor to helping a person become wiser! Before you begin the assignment, consider the following:
- God has so much to say throughout the Bible about wisdom (and knowledge) and the importance it has for all aspects of our lives.
- God thought that wisdom was such an important aspect of our lives that the entire book of Proverbs in the Bible is dedicated to just that.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Watch the video “Michael Card The Way of Wisdom” at https://youtu.be/a1YYMSP5clM.
- Audio Transcript: The Way of Wisdom Transcript.pdf
- Navigate to the threaded discussion and respond to the following discussion questions:
- What barriers keep you from gaining and applying the knowledge and wisdom that God talks about so often?
- What specific promises from God’s word could help you overcome those barriers?