Respond To Student – Assignment 1
1) Daughter, sister, girlfriend, friend, emergency medical technician, female, white, student
2) Two of my statuses are achieved, emergency medical technician and girlfriend. Four of my statuses are ascribed, daughter, sister, female, white.
3) The status on my list that would be the most prestigious would be emergency medical technician. We respond to 911 calls and help save peoples lives. The least prestigious would have to be female. Males and females do not hold a high status with respect and admiration, we are all just people. A status inconsistency would be emergency medical technician. Although we are respected a lot, we make very little money. Fast food workers make more than us even though we are trained to save your life.
4) I believe my master status would be student. As a student, I am bettering myself and learning how to do new things. If I wasn’t a student, I wouldn’t be where I am today and wouldn’t be creating a career for myself.
Respond To Student – Assignment 2
1. Female, mother/single mother, business owner, worker, college student, daughter.
2.Ascribed(3): daughter, female, single mother. Achieved(4): mother, business owner, college student, worker.
3. I would say the most prestigious statuses on my list would include being a mother, college student and business owner. My least prestigious would be being a “single mother.” Being a single mother is HARD, and definitely something I did not ask for nor do I wish upon any parent. Being a mother and single mother at that would definitely be a status inconsistency because it has its most beautiful perks, but some of the hardest feats and battles as well.
4. I would also consider being a mother my master status. For the simple fact that whatever I do, wether it be a worker, a full time college student, business owner, daughter, female, etc.; at the end of the day my number one status and job is and always will be MOM.
END OF ASSIGNMENTS