I need an explanation for this Accounting question to help me study.
This activity will help you gather and analyze data relating to returns and standard deviations.
Use Yahoo! Finance or another site to get monthly pricing for the S&P 500 ETF (SPY), Coca-Cola, and Netflix for the past five years. Then, calculate the following using Excel and the provided instructions:
- Monthly returns for each stock
- Average monthly return for each stock
- Annualized returns based on the monthly average return for each stock
- Standard deviation of monthly returns for each stock
- Annualized standard deviation based on standard deviation of monthly returns
Compare the differences in returns and standard deviations in the three sets of data, and discuss their investment implications using a cell within the spreadsheet document.
To complete this assignment, review the Module Two Activity Guidelines and Rubric document.