SCIN130 Week 2 Forum.
Help me study for my Science class. I’m stuck and don’t understand.
Instructions: Technology makes vast amounts of information (and misinformation) readily available. The challenge is navigating this sea of information. Our goal for your general science education is to develop your scientific literacy. A critical skill you must develop is the ability to find reputable sources for scientific information. There are many sources of high-quality scientific information on the open web; you just need to learn how to spot them.
For this week’s discussion:
• Select a source of biology information from the open web (the topic can be any topic related to biology or that of your research topic).
• Evaluate the source and explain why it is or is not a credible source of information.
• Provide a reference in APA format.
Use the name of your source as the title of your forum post. You cannot use a source that one of your classmates has already used as a topic for their initial forum post.
For your discussion this week, you need to respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial posts and discuss whether you agree or disagree with their assessment and citation and why. Continue to follow your classmates’ posts for the remainder of the week, addressing any follow-up posts to your posts, and reply to any questions or requests for clarification. Your follow-up posts can add additional insight to your classmates’ opinions and can challenge their opinions. Similarly, be sure to read the follow-up posts to your own original posts and reply to any questions or requests for clarification from your classmates.
Use the following materials for assistance:
- Access the Natural Sciences Program Guide from the APUS Online Library at http://apus.libguides.com/natural_sciences/web Select the “Websites” tab. Review the links in the “Internet Research: Tips for Science Students” box.
- Use the Owl at Purdue site for assistance with APA format: http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- Source Evaluation Cheat Sheet