SPSS Assignment: Introduction to Quantitative Analysis: Visually Displaying Data Results.
I’m trying to study for my Health & Medical course and I need some help to understand this question.
In this week’s Discussion, you determined the benefits of visually displaying your data. You also learned that different types of data require different visual displays to adequately “tell the story” of the phenomena. Although the Discussion was difficult, what is even more difficult and challenging will be deciding on how best to display the data for presentation purposes. As you move further along in your dissertation or doctoral study, you will find that displaying data will be critical component in presenting a robust and clear capstone project.
For this Introduction to Quantitative Analysis Assignment, you will explore how to visually display data for optimal use.
To prepare for this Assignment:
- Review this week’s Learning Resources and consider visual displays of data.
- For additional support, review the Skill Builder: Unit of Analysis and the Skill Builder: Levels of Measurement, which you can find by navigating back to your Blackboard Course Home Page. From there, locate the Skill Builder link in the left navigation pane.
- Using the SPSS software, open the Afrobarometer dataset or the High School Longitudinal Study dataset (whichever you choose) found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- From the dataset you chose, choose one categorical and one continuous variable and perform the appropriate visual display for each variable.
- Once you visually display each variable, review Chapter 11 of the Wagner text to understand how to copy and paste your output into your Word document.
For this Assignment:
Write a 2- to 3-paragraph analysis of your results and include a copy and paste of the appropriate visual display of the data into your document.
Based on the results of your data, provide a brief explanation of what the implications for social change might be.
Use appropriate APA format. Refer to the APA manual for appropriate citation.
By Day 7
Submit this Introduction to Quantitative Analysis: Visually Displaying Data Results Assignment.