1. Identify four things we learn about Harrison Snake Church from his son’s eulogy inside the truck.
2. How is the “truck eulogy” different from the actual eulogy a year later?
3. Was Frank’s vision intended to inform him about his father or about himself? Support your answer with details from the book.
4. Russell, the fitness trainer, tells Frank, “Well, I’m supposed to help you be great. That’s my job. Stronger body, stronger mind, stronger spirit. That’s our motto.” Did he help Frank to achieve these things? Support your answer with evidence from the book.
5. Why is Kentucky Fried Chicken important to this story?
6. Is Preacher’s description of Frank accurate? Explain your answer.
7. How do Russell, Lynn and Stephanie help Frank in the days after the humiliating basketball game with Preacher?
8. Was Frank’s first (and only) time on the college basketball court a success? Explain using details from the story.
9. Why did Frank need the college basketball experience to put the deaths of his parents to rest?
10. Is the main character stronger or weaker at the end of the story than he was at the beginning? Support your answer with details from the story.