write a live dance performance you attended.
I’m trying to study for my Writing course and I need some help to understand this question.
In a Word doc, write an 800-1000 word essay in which you:
- Describe: Describe the performance you attended, including observations you noted in each of the four categories on your
- Situation and Surroundings (Where was it? What was it? When was it?)
- Historical and Societal Context (Who was performing and what is their history? )
- Narrative and Intention (What is the purpose of this piece?)
- Movement (What did you see the dancers doing?)
- Draw 2-3 connections between the “4 Guidelines” quadrants. For example, how does the intention of the work relate to the context of the performance? How does the movement relate to the historical context?
- Next, choose 1-2 of the observations you’ve just made and discuss them more fully. What do you think about what you’ve observed? What is interesting about what you have noticed? For example, what values (ethical, religious, political, social) does the dancing reinforce? Relate your observations to the ideas we’ve discussed in class or to the readings.
3. Revision: Once you have completed your analysis, go back and revise your opening description so that it emphasizes the points you made. Consider what dance critic Deborah Jowitt says in her essay,
Description at its best is not simply about surface. It hints at what lurks within a work. It links images through imaginative wordplay.The patterns of language can echo the rhythms and the impetus of dancing, as well as the responses of the spectators” (9).
4. Conclusion and Personal response: Add any final observations, and include your personal thoughts and responses to the dancing you saw. Was your response to the dancing positive? Negative? Neutral? Something else? Be sure to give specific reasons why you responded the way you did.
1. Format: Word doc (Note: You may compose in gDoc, but you will have to download and convert to Word or a pdf in order to submit.)
2. Length: 800-1000 words
3. Spacing, Margins, Font: Double-spaced, 1″ margins, 12 pt. font
so here are two document I need, one is the worksheet with the four questions in the describe, and an essay. make sure you submit the video you choose to write about and give me a place and time where and when the performance happened. You dont have to go to a performance, just find a video that a performance happened before in 2019 and 2020.